Follow by Email

Friday, July 20, 2007

my best friend forever

While traveling to Italy this summer our family lost our very best girl. My Russian Wolfhound, Nika (which in Russian means "God's gift") passed away suddenly from a spider bite. She had ten great years with us and we will miss her very much. We weren't here to give her steak with ice cream on top before she went to heaven, but I pray that she will get some there.

Animals are such a great and important part of our lives. It just is never long enough.

3 comments:

Vicki C said...

Hey Karen, thanks for letting me know that you started a blog ... that your a friend of "French Garden House" and that you read my blog. That is SO fun! I just got back from CHA today...but I put you in my fav list... so I can come back and vistit again, (after I catch up on laundry ect)lol. Vicki

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

I am so sorry about your sweet girl...I lost my Bella last mothers day from cancer...she was only 4 years old. We have since got a new dog and we love her to bits but will never ever forget my girl. You are right, these animals are never here long enough.

with kindness,
Heather

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That is so sad! I've never heard of a dog dying of a spider bite before. She was a pretty girl.