Follow by Email

Monday, October 22, 2007

The Business of Bliss

One day at a time...... One skill at a time..... tiny baby steps.... If you would like to bid on either of these images, they are original studio photos taken in the early 20's in New York. Possibly for silent pictures. Anyway, I will be listing them in my store this afternoon. They are stunning!
The business of Bliss. I don't know if any of you have any tips for me, but I will gladly welcome them if you do. If there is a great woman's business book that you recommend.... let me know. I am trying to learn: Photoshop, Quickbooks and some reasonable Organizational skills all at once. There is so much to having your own business. One of the disadvantages for me is working at home...too many distractions, but I have to say it is nice to take a break and play with the puppies or water the garden and in between fold my mountain of laundry (It never seems to get smaller though).Hey -- I have to give myself a little credit: I learned how to blog! Today I figured out how to type onto the images and I scanned a lot of old photos into my computer for future baby tees. I suppose I should be grateful for what I DO KNOW. I'm just feelilng a little overwhelmed I guess.

Okay. One more thing.... i just had a little ah-hah moment while taking a shower.
Now that I'm in the business of "selling my wares" I can't help but think of all of the not-so-great things that I have seen out there and wondered.... "I can do better than that! How are they doing it?" I just realized it. They don't quit when they are feeling like I do right now and go and get a job at Starbucks where I don't have to make naything but coffee, THEY stick it out, cruddy stuff or not... they ride the wave... wait for the tide to turn.... Am I making you seasick? Okay. Now I feel better. Am I right? Are there any other wave-riders out there?


6 comments:

Miss Sandy said...

Miss Karen,
"No horse gets anywhere till he is harnessed. No steam or gas ever drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined." Harry Emerson Fosdick. You are focused on your goal, you are dedicated to your porduct, which is unique and made with quality, sounds like you are disciplining yourself to learn and grow, so seems to me you are on the right track! You make our plans, let God direct your steps and you will succeed!
Miss Sandy

Nunnie's Attic said...

I couldn't have said it any better than Miss Sandy. I think that could apply to all of us!

Love,
Julie

KaReN EiLeeN said...

Julie & Miss Sandy --

You were right!! I just received my two largest orders ever!! Thank you both for your encouragement.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

darling Karen,

Such a great answer from Miss Sandy! I have added you to my blog give away, thanks for visiting!
xo Lidy

chocolate girl said...

hi there! what a wonderful blog. i really enjoyed this post :) i'd like to print it out and hang it above my desk to re read it daily :)

words of wisdom...:) your baby line is so sweet! i will be back!

hugs
shelbi

Blessed Nest said...

Just stopping by to say hi. I am a "networking girl" love your blog and your line is so sweet! I had ro find it and take a peek since I didn't see it last night! Have a great weekend.
xo Donna