Follow by Email

Saturday, January 26, 2008

My Neta

My Neta. This is a dear woman that helped raise me. I lost touch with her over the years. Her daughter was my best friend/sister growing up. They lived next door to me and my parents on Loveland Street.
She had nine children and was from Arkansas. A true country girl. I loved being a part of their crazy family. Isn't it amazing how quickly the years go by? Thank goodness for the internet, for that was how I finally found my Neta. I did a google search and her son, John came up.I love this woman. My mother died when I was young and I had no siblings. I was always made to feel like a part of her family. I can remember feeling especially loved when she got mad at me. I knew I was one of the gang. Her children were all a part of my childhood. We didn't play sports, attend recitals, belong to clubs or cheer.... we were a 24-hour activity. I don't remember going to many movies or even leaving our neighborhood unless it was to go to school.... a simple time. We all got along. Swimming at the public pool, playing haunted house... what a wonderful night reliving all of the memories, and being told some that I had even forgotten, all with my boys listening attentively and seeing for probably the first time that their mom really was a kid once. Our lives are way too busy now. I've never seen my boys lying on the grass watching the clouds and imagining all kinds of shapes in them... I don't think it would ever occur to them. Somehow we need to get that back.

7 comments:

Sassafras & LuLu said...

Hello dearie,
Great news on finding your lost "family". Good for you, that is so great. Hope you can contact them all?! AND so glad someone touched your life in such a way!

Found some more giveaways, check them out at my space...
bless you my dear! Hope all is well w/your business!
Hugs, carol

Rosemary said...

Nice of you to visit my blog.
Isn't it nice you found your long lost loved one.
Rosemary

Mermaid Queen said...

So nice to meet you, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the goodies you sell, and really like your rustic frames. Glad to see you found your loved ones. And great to meet another pursuing her bliss. ~Martha

Miss Rhea said...

It seems like whatever we do in life it was the kind things, kindness shared by others that we remember most. How wonderful to find your Neta. :) I have a great Aunt that was my special place, and I find I think of her more and more every day.

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

Thanks for the visit.
Lovely story about your childhood. I bet they loved seeing you too.

And now you have me needing to go to Lake Como.

Sassafras & LuLu said...

Hi again...
I am tagging you for something on my blog, I know you are very busy these days...I just finished up a swap project and mailed it out...accomplishment!!
Hugs,
Carol

Miss Sandy said...

Such a sweet story, I'm so glad you were reunited!