Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New years Eve...... Mischief (You had to have seen the movie)



After spending virtually every New Years Eve at home for the past 20 years my Dearest and I found ourselves alone with no kids and decided to pull out the big guns and go to dinner AND a movie!! We enjoyed dinner with some very dear friends,(whose kids are all out of the house or at parties too), and then began the discussion about the movie. I'm pretty easy going...just no aliens or serial killers.
My best friend wanted to see Sweeney....my hubby said he heard it was bloody...how bloody can a musical be.... well apparently, VERY! That's all I will reveal. Johnny Depp has a wonderful voice though. And when the movie went from mostly black and white to incredible color it was like exiting a tunnel into the most beautiful scenery.... I loved that part of the film!!
Johnny Dep is still adorable, although insane and bloodthirsty in this film.

5 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I am so glad you had a good time. Maybe I'll wait for this to come out on dvd then. That way no one but my husband can hear me scream.
happy new year sweet friend.
xo Lidy

Jen r. said...

I have to agree with you. I loved the film, but the graphic throat slitting was a little much for me. Happy New Year!
Jen R

Miss Sandy said...

Karen,
I am so glad that you are back! I like Johnny Depp but I will skip this one! Just a little trivia for you, Mr. Depp and I share a birthday and we are the same age, my daughter likes to say that he is probably her long lost uncle (she wishes!). Have a great year!

Alison Gibbs said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I like Johnny Depp and this sounds like a good move. What fun to have a night with out the kids.
Alison

SweetAnnee said...

Oh..I so want to see Sweeney..my youngest daughter is such a Johnny Depp fan!!
I'm waiting for her to find time to go with me...she too is all grown and out of the house.

deena