Follow by Email

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I know I look short here. I'm actually 5'7. My eldest son is 6'4 and my youngest is 5'9..so far.... It's great to be me because of:

1: My Family: through thick and thin, babyhood & teenagers there isn't anyplace I would rather be than with you.
2: My DH of 20 years is so patient. He listens to all of my stories, over and over again. And he's pretty cute too and still calls me "My one & Only."
3: Life with all of my little animals. They bring me such joy and now that my babies don't like to be hugged and kissed as much....poor dorkipoos and kitty.
4: I am able to stay home and have a wonderful business that is now starting to take off.
I guess you could call it my blissfull occupation. I love old photos, ephemera and anything girly. It is the perfect outlet for me. My Dh was always worried that our house would look like Mary Englebreits; baby nursery. (She is a great inspiration), but i managed to curb my enthusiasim for the baby/girl style and focus all of that energy on my baby line.
5: I have wonderful friends. Life would be no fun without them. As women, I notice that the older I get the more I need my girlfriends. Sometimes I think they are the only ones who truly "get" me. Maybe it's because we all share the same hormone havoc.
6. I love the age I am right now. (48). I feel strong enough to say what I mean and Brave enough to do what I want. Fear is less a factor for me now. I know that God has me in the palm of His hand; my children in the shadow of His wing; and my future in his sight. It is a good place to be.
Now I get to forward this wonderful gratitude to someone else......maybe you!

4 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

What a great list! I really enjoyed my visit by your little piece of blogland.
Blessings~
Cathy

Sassafras & LuLu said...

Hi Karen!
Loved your list, and what a lovely, handsome family you have there...and tall goodness....those tall genes pretty passed by most of my family..we musta been from the low-lands previously...in dinosaur days..LOL!
Nice to have you visit. My one little gal has been pretty sick for 3 days..fever,soar throat,hives,ear infection, cough..a bit out of the usual routines here.
Thanks so much for playing and listing your "tag" stuff...yep I thought of that old negative baggage at first too, until the blessings just start flowing!

night, night! and peace to your family
Carol

Miss Sandy said...

Hi Karen,
Wonderful post! Sorry I have not been by lately, I'm trying to make all the rounds and I'll be back soon! Have a restful Sunday!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Great list!! I love you just the way you are, the B E S T!

xo Lidy