Follow by Email

Friday, March 21, 2008

EASTER PARADE AT QUILL COTTAGE


This is one of my favorite designs from my line. I thought it was very fitting for Easter.(Please know that all of the images are copyrighted by Karen Eileen)

For God So Loved the World......

NO GREATER LOVE

Beautiful hats for the Easter Parade.






This is Me on the right standing on our church steps across the street from my house on Loveland Street. Every Easter we posed our family photos in front of my Mother's roses, and then onto church. The other little girl is Gwen, my God-sister. Since I was an only child we had quite a few foster children that became a part of our family. Isn't it funny how we can remember everything about a special dress from our childhood? This is one of those for me. I am not sporting a hat, but then that would have covered up my fabulous pixie haircut.

11 comments:

Knitting Mania said...

Welcome to the Easter Parade...loving the Easter bonnets, I think the chicken one is my favorite...cute.

Nice to meet you and Happy Easter!

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

you are so right about the dresses of childhood. I can barely remember what I wore yesterday, but can describe some of my childhood dresses down to the slight tear in the lace below the piping! Have a happy Easter.

bluemuf said...

Great pictures. I will return later to see the Easter photo of you.

Happy Easter,
from another
Karen Eileen

Fete et Fleur said...

Lovely little haircut. What wonderful memories. The first card is so very beautiful.

Happy Easter! Nancy

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Happy Easter,Karen! You are still just as cute as when you were a little girl.:)
xo Lidy

Miss Sandy said...

Hi Karen, Miss Sandy here, thank you for joining the Easter Parade! Love your bonnets, the little chick one is my favorite! Even more I love the message of your post! Have a blessed Easter!

A Woman Who is: said...

Hi Karen, I found you over at my sister’s blog Knitting Mania. I love the Easter picture of you with your Pixie hair cut. My sister and I both had those haircuts growing up. Such sweet memories.

Mindy said...

Wishibng you a blessed Easter Sunday! The picture of you as a lil girl is just precious!
Blessings,
Mindy

Sassafras & LuLu said...

Happy Easter Karen to you and your whole family. Hope you had a blessed day..it is after midnight in the land where I be....ZZZZZZ
LOVE your post for Easter and all it means.
He is Risen, Indeed..
hugs,
Carol

Tracie said...

What a sweet picture. I still remember my slips (really crinkly and itchy!).
Very nice post - thank you for bringing back some wonderful memories.
~Tracie

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

Hi Karen Eileen,

It is so nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be sure to stop back and visit often.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)