Follow by Email

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Paris To The Moon~This Saturday

THIS WEEKEND AT PARIS TO THE MOON
Saturday, March 15th is Spring Boutique at Paris in Costa Mesa. It will be from 8:00 ~1:00. If you haven't had a chance to visit the store, this is a great time to go. I am flattered to be among the artists that bring their work, along with vintage treasures.
After this boutique I have one more in April and then I vow to work only on my business and garden, and new hobby of ribbon embroidery. I think I missed out on being a store owner because I love to play store. I spent all day today making these little bottle--I don't know quite what to call them.... but they were fun.

The image of the two Edwardian women is a copy of an original that I purchased at an Antique paper show.
I think the one below is my favorite. I spent quite a bit of time cutting and rolling pages from an antique french book. I think I'll call it "There are never enough words."
I will be selling these this weekend, along with my baby clothes and new little hats . As you can tell, I have no photos of those...that would be focusing on what I should be doing....that's no fun.



This little delicate beauty is a French paper~mache ballerina. I have no idea her age, but she is quite stunning.







7 comments:

Miss Rhea said...

Gorgeous bottles Karen. :) I love the first one. We will be going to Orange county ? Costa Mesa in May, I cant wait !! You will have to tell me of any good art shows going on then. :) Hope you do well at your show !!

Tracie said...

Hi Karen,
I stumbled upon your blog. So glad I did - your items are beautiful!
Paris to the Moon I have heard it's beautiful and only seen photos through other blogs. How great you've been invited to participate there.

I love the Edwardian women (well everything you've shown here). I'm going to list you on my blog - so glad I found you - good luck (you won't need it!).
~Tracie
My Petite Maison

Sassafras & LuLu said...

hi Karen!
I would definitely beautiful and romantic, how very pretty!!! You have been a busy girl.
Good for you....I would like to visit that store in person only, how long would it take me to walk there ya think?.....
I tried emailing that gal about the basket swap, I have a feeling something did not work out how it should have, and I am sad about that. (will keep you posted if I hear anything) Wish I was able to be your partner too!!! So, I have decided that next swap you do, I am keeping close tabs on you and I promise to be there every step to see it through!
hugs,
Carol

Mixing Whimsy said...

Hi Karen,
Thank you so much for the lovely compliment on our site. But I have to say if you are fairly new at blogging, we have a long way to go. Your blog is fabulous. We will definitly add you to our favorites. By the way Tracie at My Petite Maison is a real jewel.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

boohoo...so sad I got a cold. Thanks for sharing your great things, though. Love the bottles and the little dancer girl.
xo Lidy

Tracie said...

How'd you do at Paris to the Moon? Pictures?

~Tracie

Miss Sandy said...

Karen,
I know just exactly what to call your bottles...BEAUTIFUL! Guess what? I finally know someone who is going to have a baby!!!! I get to order one of your sweet outfits for my gift basket!!!!!