Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer Fruit & Blooms


My first berries are almost ready for harvest......





After such a terrible weather experience I had to make sure to post some pretty Spring~Summer photos. This is my FAVORITE recipe in the whole world. In case you don't know how to determine which actuallly is your favorite....try the desert island test.(If I could have one food....) This could be it for me. My mother in law made this for me 20 years ago and I have been making it ever since. It is simple and is sure to WOW (Seriously) (I promise) whomever you make it for! I use mostly berries. You can even buy one of those trays of pre-cut fruit that are so easily available this time of year, add a little box of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries......I add almond and coconut as well. Now.... for the recipe:
* 1 container sour cream
* a few Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

That's it!! Mix until creamy. There is no exact measuring. Just keep tasting until it is sweet enough for you. Don't toss with fruit, but leave in a pretty bowl on the side.
My boys LOVE this. I made this pretty bowl for my son's basketball team......all gone. The boys said they could eat the dressing with a spoon.....I could too, but my bottom would absorb every bit. Let me know if you try this and how it goes.....have fun. And as Paula says..."Best Dishes."




I had to post some pretty flowers to remind us all that after the storm.....It is beautiful here now. Look at these sweet little faces? I can never see a pansy face without thinking of Alice in Wonderland. Remember all of the beautiful songs these lovelies sang?






5 comments:

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Karen,

Your blog is so beautiful! I am so glad you came to visit so I could find you! Love the background wall paper. What a great recipe. I have to definitely try that one. Good luck with your Esty shop. I will be back to visit!
Tammy

Susie Harris said...

So glad you found me cause now I have found you! I adore your blog... Cant wait to see what you have in your little store... I would like to open one myself. Just need to take the time and read up on it. I also hate taking pictures of stuff. I need a new camera so bad. Well any way nice to meet you, Susie H

Mandie said...

Karen,

I absolutely LOVE your blog!!! I love how you have it decorated with all of your pictures. Wonderful!! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a message! I will be visiting your blog over and over again. If you don't care, I am going to add it to my list!

Mandie said...

Karen,

I absolutely LOVE your blog!!! I love how you have it decorated with all of your pictures. Wonderful!! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a message! I will be visiting your blog over and over again. If you don't care, I am going to add it to my list!

Ruby Door Designs said...

Wow, those are the most beautiful pansies I've ever seen. Such very vibrant colors.

I love all the photos on your blog. You must be a fabulous photographer.

Can't wait to see your Etsy store.