Follow by Email

Friday, June 27, 2008

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY"S

They say you see "what you want to see." Well, when I saw this little set of dishes in an antique store, scattered about in a messy state....I saw one of the girls.....Audrey. What would Audrey do? They certainly are the Tiffany Box color..... even if they are missing a few pieces, put them aside some fine silver, fresh flowers and pour the Earl Grey Tea....and you have an elegant continental breakfast .

These dishes were very popular in the 50's & 60's. Harkerware is a collectible line of dishes. Although after researching I wasn't able to find too many of this pattern. I guess that makes them even more worthy of the name I have chosen for them. Today they would probably be called "Martha Blue" or Robin's egg blue. I must admit I have thought of keeping these beauties for myself....but off to the store they go....




7 comments:

Barb said...

You scored! What a lovely find. You have a great eye.

Breakfast at Tiffany's has to be one of my all time fav's.

hugs to you,
Barb

Tracie said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
Haven't heard of Harkerware, but they're lovely!

Now, I want to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's - why don't I own that movie?

Happy weekend!
xo~Tracie

Miss Sandy said...

Audrey would scoop them up, take them home and enjoy them to the fullest ~ you did well. I love the color and pattern!

The Other Side of Me said...

Karen,

These dishes are just too gorgeous. I could never give them up. I am a china fanatic. I have 8sets of dishes already. I am thinking of recycling a few to find a few new ones. great find!
Tammy

Mermaid Queen said...

Those dishes are so pretty. I love the soft blue color. ~Martha

Tracie said...

Hi sweets,
You're in Altered Couture? I better go order one right now ;)
Happy 4th of July!
xo~Tracie

Cami said...

I have a huge collection of Harkerware. Mine are pink in a different pattern. I am not familiar w/ yours, but love the color.