Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Graduation Day (Middle School)

MY LITTLE FISH IN THE BIG POND....


Today is a big day in our younger son's life. He has gone to a wonderful private school his entire life..pre-K to 8th grade. His teachers have been great mentors and spiritual advisors for him. I have had people ask me if it's easier or harder than the first time...It is much harder. With my first son he was a big fish in a little pond, eager to get out in the "real" world. Play basketball, make new friends.....my younger son is aslo feeling a bit like the big fish.....the difference is I now know what the pond is like and I will forever cherish the years that they were sheltered and strengthened by the word of God in a place where it was "cool" to love God and each other.....not many places like that out there.....so fly my little birdie...swim, my little fish.....but don't forget to put on your armour.....

6 comments:

Mermaid Queen said...

HI Karen,
I sure know what you're going through. My youngest son will be in the same boat next year. I've got an older son and daughter who are experiencing high school now. It's hard but I know God protects our little babies in ways we don't even see. Have a great day! ~Martha

Barb said...

What a handsome young man. God will protect him on his new journey. He is on the right path.

You have a wonderful day.

hugs and more hugs,
Barb

Sugar Bear said...

Congratulations to your son. I bet he will do great in his next school!
Karla

Miss Sandy said...

Karen,
This post squeezes my mother heart right along with yours. Each step of the way into the big wide world make you want to yank them back to safety doesn't it? I am confident he will swim, soar, and succeed!

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Karen,

Congrats to you and your son. It is exciting seeing these young ones head out to do great things. He looks like he is ready to go off and conquer the world or at least highschool.
Enjoy your weekend.
Tammy

Tracie said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
This one is bittersweet and pulls at my heartstrings...
He'll be fine, look how far he's come and the stable foundation behind him, he'll soar like an eagle for sure.
This post sure does speak to all the moms out there though and I am with you on missing those sheltered times.
Beautiful post, beautiful child.
xo~Tracie