Follow by Email

Thursday, July 31, 2008


I am honored to have recieved these three lovely awards from Ruthann over at WARM PIE HAPPY HOME. One of the dearest and most fun-to-read bloggers I have met so far. I had just posted my first pity party on feeling a little "stuck" and lacking confidence and ......I receive this. What a blessing!! Ruthann pointed out to me that creativity is a journey. I was just in a little valley.

I am particularly honored to have received the "Nice" award. I was raised by a very loving Father who was the "Nicest" man I have ever known. He was one of those people that would hold the door open for everyone. Never complained, never wanted to impose and always put other people's needs ahead of his own. I have raised my sons to be the same door-holding, hand-shaking, look you in the eyes.."Nice" young men. I can't say enough about "Nice" It really does matter and I think we are taking a turn back to "Nicer" times. I've noticed it at all of the Supermarkets....There is now a customer service person that actually GREETS you coming into the stores now. I am asked so many times at Vons if I've found everything I need it is almost too much. The other day a cart boy asked me and I wasn't even all the way in the store yet!!

They say things come full circle..... I hope there is more 'Nice" out there and glad that someone thought I help contribute to the Nice Matters Cause.


Have you ever seen a more Sassy & Glamorous cook ? I think she deserves the Sassy-Glam award! I know she is taking a little break, but I will give her one when she comes back!! When you visit her blog you are being invited into her warm home and can just smell the pie in the oven. She'll probably hand you one of her beautiful aprons and start sharing recipes right away.


10 comments:

Tracie~MPMaison said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
Congrats on the Nice Award! Nice does matter & it makes everyone's day so much "nicer" that way, doesn't it?

I'll have to checkout Ruth Ann's blog. I think I was there months ago & she had a wonderful pantry. Will go take a look tonight.

And hey, everyone needs to throw a pity party once in a while - makes me think of that scene in Amelie where she's got the box of Kleenex and watching the sad documentary of her so called life while in bed.

Happy day to you!
xo~Tracie

Barb said...

Hi Karen Eileen,

Yayyy!!!! I am so excited for you and this is the perfect award.

Nice does matter and you have that in spades. Niceness that is- hehe.

many hugs,
Barb

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

What a cute post I am enjoying your blog!
Diane

Sandra Evertson said...

I Love that photo! And as for your post below, you know the old saying, about how if you are really crazy, you don't even know it?! I think its the same for some artist's, they don't realize when they are really talented, you are extremely talented and have a sensitive eye! :)
Sandra Evertson

Mermaid Queen said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
What a great award for you! Congratulations. And I think we all go through the creative slump you described. I know I have, and getting some encouragement to continue on is so wonderful. I think you're extemely talented. Sometimes all I can do is tell myself "just keep swimming."
Have a wonderful weekend,
Martha

Allie said...

Congrats on all of your awards!! Ruthann is a knock out looking home maker.....have to admit I don't look like that when I'm in the kitchen! Maybe I should think about that :)? Thanks for stopping by my site today....I've been dropping by yours often, have even made it one of my favorites, but haven't been very good about leaving comments, but I'm working on that! My parents, Oma and Opa to my daughter, are of German heritage. I didn't know that Oma and Opa meant grandmother and grandfather in Danish as well....how cool! Happy Sunday and it's nice to meet you!!
~Allie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Congratulations on your awards! You do have a lovely blog and it was only a matter of time. :)

I loved the comment you left on my hanky post. What a grand idea to carry one special hanky to numerous special events.

dede warren said...

So nice to get these awards, especially when you find yourself in the a little slump. Well feel better sistah, because that sweet little "Merci" you created is bringing a smile to my face, and certainly that's good for something!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Congratulations to you! Clearly nice girls finish first!
I so enjoy your blog.
Becky

The Other Side of Me said...

Karen,
What wonderful awards and you so deserve them! Your art is so beautiful. I can't wait to receive my bottle. I will let you know when I receive it. Keep smiling!
Tammy