Follow by Email

Monday, July 28, 2008

Don't mind me......just rambling

I wish there were a book that I could read.....maybe I should write one or encourage one of the many creative people in my life to do so..... A creative funk... a complete lack of confidence in your ability to do one more thing.....and how did you make it so far with the horrible stuff you've been putting out there so far? Can anyone relate to this feeling that it seems no one really wants to admit? Maybe if you do it is like a jinx....and comes true. I spent most of my life concerned about grades and the ability to earn a life sustaining income in my adulthood that being creative was the least of my concerns. Creativity managed to show itself in my many hairstyles and fashion experiments, but I never thought of earning a living by just the whims of my imagination.

Now I am blessed to have my every wish.....to do whatever I want. I have a business that does require some "NEW" and different designs in a very competitive field. ( A lot different than being a court reporter.) I have come to believe that there is a great misunderstanding as to where creativity comes from....I do know that we each have a degree of natural ability, but it is how we nurture and study it that causes it to grow.

Oh My, I really am rambling, aren't I? ...I am just learning that creativity does require work. Just like a writer must sit and stare at a blank page, so any idea has to be inspired and encouraged. Sometimes it is the idea of someone else; the beauty of a delicious meal; the kind words of someone dear. I am so grateful to all of the beauty that is so easily available through blogging now. I adore the photos that you post of your cooking, animals, gardens, table settings, travels. You all inspire me so much. Maybe that is the reason we are all here in blogland, to encourage each other along our creative paths.....
Hugs and Inspiration,
KAREN EILEEN


5 comments:

Tracie~MPMaison said...

Hi Karen-Eileen,
I think we all go through funks - at least that's what I call them. Yep, funks... I've wanted to do something creative since I was 12 and finally listened to my heart. If there is someone that doesn't have that little voice that at times whispers "what if" I would love to meet them and find out what their secret is and bottle it for the world ;)
I don't think you need to read the book or write one, just try to let each chapter take you on an artistic journey, one that you're blessed as you say to follow your every dream (isn't it over the top wonderful?).
Your work is lovely, why do you think I keep coming back to see when your website will be complete with its face lift and selling "big girls" items too? And that vintage bottle for your giveaway you made - well, it's the loveliest I've seen (and there's a lot of them out there).
Yes, we can all learn from each other and admit there's a little "what if" in each of us and cheer one another on ;)
I've been working on my "project" for months, you're not alone sweets!
xo~Tracie

The Feathered Nest said...

Dear Karen Eileen, I do know how you are feeling....is it that we're women? Women have always been in the background, putting others first.....or that we have mood cycles throughout the month that make our confidence waiver?I'm not sure...but I do know this, when I look at other's creativity, when I look through beautiful inspiring books, and begin to gather my supplies for a project, I create. Then the more I create, the more confident I become. But if I have a time period that I'm not able to create, my confidence wanes....weird, huh?? Your work is beautiful though, I just have to tell you!! xxoo, Dawn

Barb said...

Hi Karen Eileen,

I think I understand what you are feeling. I have my moments of feeling uncertain, where am I being led to and why? I try to trust that voice inside. Sometimes it is quite scary.

I have always made "things" for others and never really gave it a second thought. Recently it was brought to my attention that I should pursue this passion as well.
Very scary indeed.

I do know that you are a very creative woman. The first time I visited your blog, I knew you were the real deal. Your have a gift and it needs to be shared.

many hugs to you my friend,
Barb

Ruthann said...

What a perfect post to go along with the awards I have given you on my blog! You inspire me! and that is something grand! I was given three awards in the past couple of weeks and I am passing them along to you and a few of my favorite blog-gals. You have probably already received these, so don't feel obligated to pass them on unless you want to. I just wanted you to know that your blog is a journey into creativity.
..exciting...fun..and delightful!
God Bless you!
Ruthann
Warm Pie, Happy Home

Lana said...

I have a lot of those thoughts sometimes. Like you said, even creativity takes work, at least to make it work out there in the world. We just have to persevere. Your blog is an inspiration to me ~ so fun and beautiful!