Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

GIRL INDIE & WAHMs

I am a proud card-carrying member of Girl Indie. If you haven't had the chance yet....Do so now. You won't be sorry. It is a true Celebration of and How to BE a W-A-H-M. (working at home mom). You don't have to be a mom, just a dometstic engineer. Lisa And Bobbie are the founders of this wonderful supportive and informative site. They put the glam back in the baking!
What? This isn't what you wear in the kitchen?


The reality is sometimes we sit at computers in our PJ's and slippers for hours in the morning. Coffee is our best friend, and we hardly ever get to "Do Lunch". It is hard work that is sometimes overlooked as a hobby by the rest of our family, and not always taken seriously by the 9-to- Fivers.

I know there are a lot of you creative women out there who get to work with little doggies sleeping on your feet, and for me, just being able to go out and work in the garden on a break is heaven. And of course, this is how I look: except with lighter lipstick.


Stop by Indie to meet other women just like you who love what they do and do it with their whole heart! You will be inspired and encouraged.

13 comments:

dede warren said...

Thanks for passing this on, I will go check it out...

Tracie~MPMaison said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
Thanks for this. I am going to look into it ~ it sounds wonderful and supportive too (yay!).

I too look like that picture, but my hair is naturally blond and the bow I'm wearing is cream colored ;)

Love the Marilyn photo, have never seen that one.

Okay, off to check Girl Indie out, the timing couldn't be better!
xo~Tracie

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Great picture of you with the garden gleanings.:)

xo Lidy

Mermaid Queen said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
I will check out Girl indie, it sounds great. I love being able to work at home with my puppies at my feet. Oh and I'm really glad you like your charm. Have a wonderful day! ~Martha

Barb said...

Hi,

I will definitely check it out.
It sounds wonderful and much needed at this time.

Thank you for telling us.

hugs,
Barb

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

I adore your blog and glad you stopped by mine...I love your etsy and your cute baby clothes.
You have great style.
The little bow you saw on my baby..I made.
I will be adding some dog bows to my store in a few weeks.I usually sell them at the brick and mortar store, I lease a space from.
Your right,Tracie is a sweetie.
I must ad your blog to my list...I do not want to lose it.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Very cool!
I will hop on over!
Becky

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Karen,

Great post. I just went over to check it out and saved it in my favorites. These are some creative and adventurous women. They do inspire.

Tammy

Sassafras & LuLu said...

Hello there my friend! Thanks for passing on the info. and I was scrolling down your blog, missed some friends as I have not been keeping up as much. Going through some tough decisions and lack of confidence myself in many areas so I can relate. But, I do know we can get so much inspiration from fellow crafter/creative gals here on line when maybe others would not understand. I am having trouble getting motivated & that is why I join the craft swaps. I am entering into another phase due to financial pressures of life, but I want to keep crafting and have my art dream of making/selling some day, alive. Just want to encourage you to keep moving forward & check out what others are up to!!
hugs, Carol

Sassafras & LuLu said...

ps.
CONGRATS ON 100 POST!!!!

Sassafras & LuLu said...

hugs back to you!!! thanx so much for your comment
ps....do you think I will feel like I am being like...that spontaneous combustion human torch girl forever? like "hot flashes", who the heck needs them and how can ones body do tricks like "i am on fire somebody throw the ice bucket on me"...to "who took the covers?
you gotta laugh or else...
hugs back, C

Paris Cowgirl said...

What a joy it has been to read your blog. Brings back many memories. My first job was right down the street from the circle in Orange. An accounting office in an old house. Leichtfuss, Little, Pryor, and Co. Probably not there anymore. Love Paris To The Moon. Went to High School with Kerry's sister Kim. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

kerryveale said...

Hi Karen!
I'll have to check out the Indie site--thanks for sharing!

Your blog is so inspiring--it's total eye candy!