Follow by Email

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Last night I had dinner with one of my dearest friends who is traveling to London tomorrow. The whole family is going and it is their first time to Europe. I was so excited for her. Last summer was our first time. This summer we are having a staycation (staying home), and I am still thinking about last summer at Lake Como, Italy..... This is where we stayed on the Lake. The Florence Hotel. Beautiful suite full views on the lake. The cost was VERY reasonable. This was our last stop on our 3-week journey. It wasn't until arriving here that I felt relaxed and blissful.

Our boat ride took us to an incredible villa. This is where the last James Bond was filmed. In the end of the movie he is in a wheelchair recovering from much torture. He is sitting regally in a wheelchair in a white robe on the lawn.

Doesn't this look like Hawaii?
Until you see this....

I had to show you Geroge Clooney's villa. We hear he was there, but this is about a 30 minute boat ride from Bellagio where we were staying. I am glad now because Papparzzi on this part of the lake I heard is terrible.

I thought this was funny, although it is hard to read the sign says: "NO GEORGE". This villa is few villas down from George's, but they are painted exactly the same and tourists and Paparzzi are always mistaking it , so these poor people who I'm sure are very tired of all of the traffic put out a sign. The funny part is, they have an arrow pointing to where his house really is!

Just thought I would share some of my vacation memories. Three weeks goes by so quickly. So much to see; a lifetime to reflect.
Hugs,
Karen Eileen

9 comments:

dede warren said...

Thanks for the little Italian tour, I hope to go one and see the land of my husbands family. The place you stayed, and the surrounding area look absolutely beautiful! What an amazing trip it must have been.

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

I once watched a movie, I think it was "April" something(Enchanted April, perhaps?) that was filmed in the Lake Como region and I fell in love with it. . .as usual well before the public's affair with it. . .I'm always a step ahead and a dollar behind it seems! Great photos of a spectacular part of our planet. . . too bad you didn't capture George!!! LOL!
xxMichelle

SweetAnnee said...

Oh it looks like a divine vacation..where you
stayed looks
like a dream!

I'd love to visit ..
deena

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Breath taking....On my wish list..A trip to Italy and Paris.
Hopefully, in the next 3 years.
Doesn't Dreamy George Cloony live there?

Enchanted Treasures said...

Beautiful Italy, lucky Karen!
Thanks for sharing and visiting me. xo Farmgirl, Roberta

Shere' said...

Hi! Love the Lake Como pix!!
Someday...
I actually did make-up for a photo shoot at Lake Como but I was busy working so I didn't get to really appreciate the beauty.
Hey, I noticed you love Lucy. I love Lucy too!!
Fun to chat with you yesterday! Looking forward to hanging out at another b-ball game.
Blessings,
Shere'

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Oh how beautiful!
(Both Italy and George Clooney!)
I bet you had a wonderful time!

Now I want some gelato!
Becky

carlene federer said...

Hey Karen!
I'm on vaca in SoCal (yay! We're in Carlsbad, you're probably familiar!)and have had very iffy internet connection, so I'm just now having a chance to come visit your blog...which is very fun, can't wait to look around some more! Your doggies are too cute,and am loving the embroidery as I just got hooked myself! I'm just now getting into Altered Couture now that I realize I like need arts, lol! I missed the issue that you're in, but it sure has a cute cover! Keep creating, I'll be back soon!

Barb said...

I could just plant down roots right there. I love the people, food, culture, GEORGE-lol.

Thank you for the lovely tour.

hugs,
Barb