Follow by Email

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Remember when you had to wear bathing caps? When I was little my mother took me, along with all of the next-door neighbor kids to the public pool almost every day during the summer. You had to wear a cap and I remember having bangs and not liking the bump they made at the top of my cap so I put my cap on and cut my bangs up to the rim!! great while the cap was on, but when it was off (que the psycho music...)....
I won't be wearing a cap this weekend, but I will be in LOTS of pools and air-conditioned gyms. Our sons are both in a basketball tournament in Vegas.
I hope you all have a nice weekend...
xoxox

7 comments:

The Artist's Studio said...

You are a crack up!!! I even hear the scary music!!! have fun, and enjoy your weekend!

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

I looked awful in a bathing cap...nothing like those beauties on your blog.
My son starts football soon, no air conditioner for me :(

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Fun! You have a nice one too!
And do you know what? During our four years in France, my kids had swimming class in school, and the girls had to wear caps, just like I did as a girl!

Lee W. said...

they look so cool on the models, though, don't they? I remember them pulling my hair- ouch!!

Suzanne said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm enjoying reading through yours!
Sounds like you will have a fun weekend, enjoy!

Lana said...

LOL! I'll bet your mother was horrified!!!

Have fun and good luck to your sons!

Barb said...

Oh, I remember those caps. I had one with petals all over it. My hair was so long it was difficult to stuff it into the cap.

Have fun and good luck to your boys.

hugs,
Barb