Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

FLOWERS & FLEAS

I'm a little behind in posting some photos of my flea shopping. I am a hat lover. I wear hats all the time. Not only do I love the way a hat looks, whether wearing jeans and a t shirt or a simple linen dress. It is so great for sun protection, even if the sun isn't shining.
This Beauty I recently bought at an incredible sale that I was invited to. This is a Vintage Neiman hat with the original tag! The silk flowers alone are a find, but the hat is in MINT condition. This was cared for by a true hat lover.

Frank Olive hats were a much sought-after fashion accessory in the 60's. They are still available on Ebay. Frank Olive just passed away this last week. He truly left a legacy. I will be selling this in my ETSY store. A rare find and true fashion must!!
Promised I would share with you some of the items from the textile show I recently visited.

These vintage millinery flowers are hard to find in such good condition.

I love the rhinestone pieces. I'm not sure how I'm going to incorporate it into my hats yet.....but I will find a way. One thing better than flowers on a hat.....sparkle!!

I just took these photos of what might be my close to end of blooms for the summer. We are getting the outside of our house painted, so I might have to prune a little early.

I love my roses. I think I should write a gardening book called. "Women who Love too much, and the Roses that suffer." I tend to "OVER" everything. My roses get worm poo, Epsom salt, regular dead-heading, pest picking at sunset, oil spraying....... I do everything but make love to my roses and still......the just look "OK" most of the time. I have been so busy working lately, that I have neglected them....and they are doing great!! I definitely have over-watered.

This is my favorite looking Rose. The EDEN. Not very fragrant...but so beautiful. Eden is a great coastal rose.

And last but not least my "TOUCH" roses. These are artificial, but they look so real you have to touch them to see. I will be putting these on my hats as well. the next hat photos will be of my very own line.

12 comments:

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

Love the roses .... all the roses!!
Can't wait to see your creations!
Diane

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What beautiful treasures--the real blooms and the nearly real! What a gorgeous hat!
Becky

Andrea said...

Hello ~ I just wanted to stop by to say thanks so much for stopping by my little shop today. I enjoyed reading your blog and your etsy items are just beautiful. I'd love to see what you come up with for the vintage french candy labels.
Andrea

Miss Rhea said...

Love all of the roses. Well, this is sad, but I dump a bag of manure on my roses every year and then neglect the crud out of them and they are lovely. lol !! Maybe the key is to ignore their fickle hearts. :) Your hat is SO lovely !!! Cant wait to see your new line of them. :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

That's the perfect word for them, "touch" roses! They will look beautiful on your hats.
xo Lidy

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

I love hats too but do not wear the Frou Frou kind very often. Roses are my favorite...I tend to over water or kill the baby roses though.
Aren't flea markets the best..minus the fleas of course :)

Jenni B said...

Wow! I LOVE your Neiman hat. It still looks brand new!

Jenni B

My Petite Maison said...

Ooh, I love your find. It's wonderful when someone has taken such care of something that it looks brand new. Your roses are beauties too. I have hardly watered my Princess Diana rose bush out in the back and it's happy as a lark. I share a love of vintage rhinestone pieces with you (who doesn't?).
Happy Weekend, Karen Eileen
xo~Tracie

GABRIELA DELWORTH said...

Hello,

These hat flowers are just fantastic!

~ Gabriela ~

~~ATTIC CLUTTER~~ said...

Hi Karen Lovely post..Such a pretty hat,vintage millinery flowers, and roses..

WOWOWOW that is wonderful you are brave and wear hats..
It takes alot to do that.. .
have a fun time (:) hugs, Patty

~~ATTIC CLUTTER~~ said...

Hi Karen...
I was wondering if you would like me to put your face into a vintage photo..I would love to for posting me on your blog..just email me acouple good pics of you (:)
hugs Patty

Barb said...

What a find! I have some Frank Olive hats sitting in hat boxes from many years ago. I haven't worn them in years (my head is so little now-hehe).

Maybe I will get them out.

Your roses are too pretty for words.

hugs,
Barb