Follow by Email

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Around The House

Just a few quick peeks at some of my favorite things around the house. This is how I pretend my life is.......Don't we all? I guess blogging counts as leisure, right? This beauty hangs in my bathroom. Paris to the Moon is one of my favorite little shops with some of my very favorite people to visit in it. (Their website seems to be down, or I would have it here.)

I'm starting to notice a color theme here. I love perriwinkle. Can you tell? These are all photos of things in my downstairs bathroom. I am having the outside of my house painted today and this is the only room with curtains right now.... very important with painters on ladders on the other side of window!
I love this little Altoid box. I bought this a few years ago and was in a huge bidding war at
Spark Your Imagination. ...It was worth it!! Isn't she cute?

Again....the bathroom. I love antique bottles. This one still has the violet perfume in it.

A little pic of my kitchen snuck in here. I love cookbooks. I read them, admire them, display them.....and once in a while .... I use them.

Lastly, my little angel that protects all who enter here......again, my bathroom! Thank you for stopping by for a little peek around my house.

13 comments:

manamoon said...

What a lovely posting and a beautiful blog! I found you through *spark*your*imagination. All the best ~Sharon

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love your bathroom, and your special touches all over your home.
(i want to be Marlo Thomas too, in my pretty crown)
xo Lidy

~dani~ said...

Karen,
You do have a beautiful blog. Well thought out and very pleasing to the eye. You should enter in Martha Stewarts Blog contest (on her blog-if you haven't already).
Thank you for your sweet words about our loss. These things really hunble you and remind one of what is truly important. Thank you for taking the time to support me & my family as it is sooo very tough but getting a tiny bit easier each day. All the best~ Dani

Miss Rhea said...

Gorgeous treasures !! I will take one of each. :)

Mermaid Queen said...

What a beautiful bathroom. I especially love the fairy in the tin. Enchanting.
Take care,
Martha

Tricia said...

Your blog is brilliant! Love the little altoids box - fun!!

Want to trade blog links??

Tricia said...

Checked out your etsy shope...so pretty!

I noticed you said you love Doris Day and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid! Me too! I especially love Paul Newman in that movie, and all of DD's movies. I'm reading her latest bio now!

Eileen said...

Great post, thanks for sharing!

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Very cute....make sure you keep those curtains closed LOL

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What gorgeous things! So magical!

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for stopping by my site and for the encouraging words. I'm glad the devotionals speak to you!

Barb said...

Your bathroom looks fantastic. I love your style.

That Altoid box is incredible!

hugs,
Barb

Eli's Lids said...

So fun! I love your beauty queen collage in the bathroom :)