Follow by Email

Monday, November 17, 2008

Armageddon

These were the words on the front of the paper this morning. In Bold Letter covering most of the page: "ARMAGEDDON." The attached photo looked like a bomb had been dropped in a neighborhood. Saturday afternoon this was our sky at approx 1:00.

My husband took this photo on Sunday morning. It looks like clouds....but all smoke. Our home is approximately 45 minutes from the areas of these fires. We live at the beach and probably had the best air quality anyplace and it was still very bad. There are no flames in Orange County today. The Sylmar fire is 40% contained. Let's all pray for no wind.....

4 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
I pray for no wind for you all. I thought I heard the winds were up yesterday though (I hope not in your neck of the woods).

Please tell me that dog is alright...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
xo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Still praying you are alright.
xo~Tracie

KaReN EiLeeN said...

Oh my goodness, you are a sweetheart!! We are FINE here. The fire was at least 45 minutes from my neighborhood. I do have a friend that was stuck on the freeway for three hours with flames on both sides of the freeway. She didn't even have water in her car to drink....It really makes you realize how being prepared for the unexpected is so important. I just wanted the people around the world to see what it was like in areas of Orange County. 45 schools were closed today.
THank you for your prayers......you are a
great friend.

Lots of Hugs,
KAREN EILEEN

Lee W. said...

I had no diea you lived so close. My aunt lives in San Ysidro. Stay safe.