Follow by Email

Friday, November 7, 2008

Cindy Forrester

I know some of you have been looking forward to seeing photos from this wonderful class. Before you get too excited.....most of them were deleted by accident for a basketball game.... but my son was in it so it was well worth it....but here is what is left. (So sorry) Click below.
Upon arriving at a beautiful home (made even more beautiful by being ten minutes from my home)... and being greeted by our hostesses, Dede, & Robbin , we found a seat and this is the wonderful tray that was put at each setting. A book with Cindy's work on the cover, some little jewel gifts in the bag and tools for our new project.

Then came the free time to meet and greet and admire some of Cindy's past work. These bottles were representative of what would be made in the class the next day. I attended only the jewelry class. Make sure to click on above photo of Cindy's bottles. She has some of these for sale in her WONDERFUL Etsy store!!
Here are my box of goodies.... everyone had similar and even more fantastic findings. It was so much fun to walk around and peek!! There were 30 of us in the class so we got right to work. It didn't take long for us all to realize (except for the few experienced) that this wasn't going to be as easy as it looked.
Cindy was a wonderful, sweet instructor. This was her very first class and I am sure we overwhelmed her a bit....okay, maybe a lot!! She was very patient with our thousands of questions and tried her best to answer them all. I think it makes it hard when there are so many different skill levels in one class. I think I should have been in the one called "Blow torch- jewelry for dummies." It was funny watching the expressions of everyone just trying to turn it on.....we all had fear in our eyes.
After a wonderful day of great food (Thank you Dede), and meeting new friends we were all able to create a finished Bezel, minus the resin that takes 24 hours to cure.
Here is Heather Bullard that I have met in blogland and had the opportunity to meet briefly at class..... she brought lots of goodies.
These two photos are actually from Kecia's blog. She made this beautiful necklace and I forgot to take a photo...she was the belle of the ball with this piece. Click above to visit Heather's blog and see her beautiful photos and Below for Kecia's. I feel so bad about losing my photos, and this way you can see some beautiful blogs if you haven't already and meet two very special, gifted ladies.

11 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That looks like so much fun!

dede warren said...

ahem... Deena?? Who is Deena?? I think you mean Dede and Robbin you silly girl. We'll say Deena was the trouble maker, how about that? You crack me up Karen, but we are still glad you had a good time!

KaReN EiLeeN said...

Okay. so sorry. fixed. i deserve a C- in blogging...okay, a D+

KAREN EILEEN

Mermaid Queen said...

Hi Karen,
Wow, did i miss a great looking class. Did you learn to solder with the torch? Is she having another class? I'd love to go if she does.
Have a great weekend!
Martha

Tracie~MPMaison said...

Hi Karen Eileen,
You showed some beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing. Such is having kids, something always comes up... Hope your son had a great game. Now back to the class, it looks like so much fun. How great it was 10 minutes from your home. Love the bottles, so pretty!

Karen, I still love that bottle you made for your giveaway... You are so talented! I think after your post, I may try to make a little artistic bottle of my own later this week ;)
xo~Tracie

Leslie said...

Too bad about your photos, but the ones you found of other peoples are great! I'll bet that was a wonderful class. I love Cindy's work.

Fifi Flowers said...

Lovely piece of jewelry... is that last photo jewelry... it looks great!

see you there! said...

I keep telling myself I'm going to enroll in a local class. Your experience is inspiring.

Darla

Barb said...

Hi,
It looks like the class was a huge success and what fun! What a fabulous opportunity (and close to home). I can't wait to see your future projects.

hugs to you

FrenchGardenHouse said...

How much fun did we have with Deena.:)

It was a blessing to be in class with you. xo moi

Cindy Forrester said...

Karen,

You are such a sweetheart and I totally enjoyed having you in the class. All of you ladies were so much fun and I wish we had more time.

Take care,
Cindy