Follow by Email

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Religion & Politics

They say those are two subjects to avoid..... Last night we took it a step beyond.... HISTORY

I cannot write about anything else today because my heart is overflowing with hope and pride. I remember where I was when I heard that the first plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I am old enough to remember Robert Kennedy's assasination (mostly through my parent's reaction); driving in my car when the Challenger story broke --- This is the first time in my life when I had tears in my eyes for a good reason for my country. This election was special for our family as well, my son voted for President for the first time. It was a wonderful feeling.
We truly are a United Nation for the very first time. It is a celebration of honoring our roots in Liberty and Dreams coming true and hope restored.
Last night will be a day that we always remember and will tell our grandchildren about........ it cannot go unsaid and Thomas Jefferson said it best: " We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.... finally.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I couldn't agree more! It is very exciting to be a part of this incredible journey.

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

You are so right.....I opened a can of worms on my post....because I came out in Support of Obama too.

I found it amazing that some took the time to comment in a negative way.....I was not surprised though. I debated on wether I should give my view.....but I was moved to tears too by this election.

I have stirred away from religion though LOL....:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Big sister! I miss you terribly and want to see you soon! I just stumbled upon your blog on the net! I am glad I did

Call me okay
john