Follow by Email

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Beautiful Memories

I have quite a large collection of endearing baby books. I use a lot of the images for my baby designs. this one is quite special and bound in leather. One of my favorites. I always wonder what has happened to the little ones in these books. They are probably quite old or gone now....

This one dates back to the late 30's, early 40's. It almost makes me sad to see these little ones sitting on a table...no family to claim them. I have a few where every detail of the child's life is covered birth to college...every tooth lost, every bump on the head.


Look at this littel Gerber baby ready for a stroll in her pram..

These illustrations are wonderful. I am parting with this one, as I now am the proud owner of two copies....check in on my Etsy in the next day or so and this beautiful book filled with colorful and beautiful images....

3 comments:

Big Blog Collection said...

Hi, we love your blog and would like to offer you to list it in our blog collection at http://www.bigblogcollection.com

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love your baby books. how sweet are they?
lidy

Kathy2eggs said...

Don't you just love all the little details in those baby books....I still have mine and just cherish those little bits and pieces...
Have fun with your friend and enjoy your "Chick" time...