Follow by Email

Monday, January 12, 2009

MY HUMBLE OPINION.......

I have been reading some remarks regarding this whole legislation thing.....There have been so many ill-informed opinions floating out there about us women wanting to have it BOTH WAYS.....be able to afford cheap products and not have our children exposed to dangerous chemicals!!!!! That is so absurd in that the biggest problem is that our Governement and large Chain stores (to save money) ALLOW these products into our country in the first place!! When a mother who makes items, whether it be to sell or for her new granddaughter, goes to the fabric store to buy her wares, she should not have to worry that the snaps, fabric, buttons or any other item she purchases for her product HAS LEAD IN IT!!!! Why don't we stop these manufacturers from purchasing and shipping such horrible products in the first place? THAT is where the issue lies.....why can't we have it BOTH WAYS......safety and cost effectiveness? This is where we need to focus our attention....I don't have a lab in my home or office....I am entrusting that an item meant FOR babies should be SAFE for babies. I am not going over to China myself to purchase at a better price......I am going to my fabric store...here..in California...in the USA.
Okay. I'm done. Sorry about all the caps. I know that is yelling, but some things need to be said louder to be heard. I hope that all of our voices together will resonate in Washington that we want our kids to be safe..... and that we rely on the very government that is punishing us now to do that in the first place.....

Warm (Not Loud) Regards,
KAREN EILEEN

Go to ANGRY CHICKEN to read more thoughts and opinions...

3 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Well said, friend!!!
Lidy

wendy humphreys said...

I so understand what frustration
is and with not being a huge corporation how hard it is to
comply with what they are proposing. I am with you 100%!
You keep fighting the good fight:
~xo~
Wendy

Mermaid Queen said...

I agree with you too. It really makes you wonder is everything dictated by money now? Keep fighting this one, and I hope all is going well with your business.
Martha
XOXO