Follow by Email

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Not Fun part of Business

Create....Create......then comes the business part....
I have been so blessed to be able to create from the heart; to be able to see the beginnings of
a career that will actually enable me to make a profit......and then the other shoe fell...

Unless you aren't in any kind of baby/child buying or selling business you might not know about the new regulations in our industry that will be effective as of Feb 10 that require EVERY possible item (organic, U.S.A. made or not), to be tested for lead content and show compliance certification or be removed from showrooms, store shelves......the list goes on. The repercussions are never ending: re-sale baby stores...gone; ebay baby item....quite possibly gone....but the worst of it is the small-business owners that will bear the expense of testing...some will go out of business.....I won't go on. Just know that I am scattering and trying to find the solution for my little corner of the world. Unfortunately China hasn't been regulated to meet safety standards for our children, and something must be done. I agree. I just know that the regulation is very confusing and I haven't met a single person that understands EXACTLY what we are to do. A little bit of a standstill right at our market time for retail. You can go HERE and HERE for info. We are all writing our senators and I have even heard that Obama is aware of the backward legislation and the effects this will have on our already strained economy. Our children are our first priority. It is unfortunate the those of us whobuy with integrity are suffering because of the very large stores who import from countries with no safety requirements. We are all lumped in together. So together we will push forward, hopefully all of us......

1 comment:

dede warren said...

I recently heard about this new law, very confusing to say the least. I can't imagine how this is going to be remedied, but surely there must be some way for so many to keep the wonderful businesses they've grown. I hope some resolution comes soon, the best of luck as you get through this!