Follow by Email

Saturday, January 17, 2009

What Would the Girls do?

I have had a few lemons this week...... sometimes there are situations that are truly beyond our control..... the best that we can do is control OURSELVES.. Lucy would pout a little at first.... Katherine would definitely tell them to "put it where the son don't shine" and then she would go skateboarding..

Jackie would handle everything with dignity and grace....while wearing a great hat....
Audrey would look adorable and somehow manage to make it amusing...

Joni would ponder for a while....and write a beautiful song about what REALLY does matter...

Lucy would have snapped out if it by now and had a great scheme to fix it....

Diane would somehow manage to turn it around in her favor....all the while wearing the most wonderful and fun clothes to match her charming and warm ways...

And poor Ethel.....She would have to listen to it OVER...and OVER.....

Isn't it great to have friends that encourage and listen through our highs and lows.....and the craziness in between? Tomorrow I am going to a wonderful land far far away.... a jewelry class....I will take photos and show you the fun.....

7 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a great post! You, darling girl, have the best qualities of all these great ladies. It will all work out. Because on top of you having all these great qualities, God's got your back!
xo Moi

polly said...

I just happened across your blog and I love it! Just looking at your gorgeous pictures is a pleasure. Thanks for sharing.

wendy humphreys said...

Karen, that was so fun how you put
those wonder talented women together and so true!
*smiling*
~xo~
Wendy

Kathy2eggs said...

Enjoy your happy day making jewelry....Love all the girls!!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Karen,
Girlfriends are the best. I wish I could do what Joni does (ahh, I love her and everyone else here - including YOU)... I tend to put my best girlfriend through the Ethel treatment - God bless her for listening. If this helps, we've all been there and don't let anyone get you down. Now, pick yourself up - I know you have already... and you go girl ;)
Hope you enjoyed your class, can't wait to see the photos!
xo~Tracie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hey Karen,
Me again ;) Would you be interested in doing an article for PORCH Magazine? If so, please email me at Tracie@mypetitemaison.com

Happy Sunday!
xo~Tracie

Barb said...

Hi Karen,

Happy New Year. I just came from French Garden House and I signed the petition. I think I can relate a bit to what you are up against. The upcoming cosmetic changes (FDA Globalization Act) which will most likely happen this year have stopped many marvelous businesses. You will be in my prayers my friend.

xoxo