Follow by Email

Friday, February 27, 2009

Cozy Day at Home


It isn't often I spend time at home lately just doing something fun....Working at home definitely has its advantages....but I tend to multi-task a little too much. One thing I've learned is that you can't be stressed when you are creating..... I have been wanting to make some hair pins out of old jewelry and earrings for quite some time. I love vintage jewelry. I wear clip ons a lot....I don't know if this happens to you, but I tend to take one off when on the phone and then lose it. Once I realized after pulling out of a gas station that I had one earring on... I was on the phone and put the earring on my lap...when I got out to get gas..... yep... on the ground. Drove back. Earring squished....Ta Da!! Now hair jewlery! Winnie isn't quite so thrilled with my ideas.


It was a lot of fun. The possibilities are endless. You can use buttons, fabric flowers...tiles.....

I very seldom wear bobby pins so these beauties will be for sale in my Etsy shop.



Keep in touch for more bijoux for your locks....

Warm Wishes,

Karen Eileen

5 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

Love all the vintage jewelry. Great use for squashed jewelry, a true crafter.
Winnie is a sweetheart!

wendy humphreys said...

Great hair jewelry! Beautiful half
doll to what a perfect display.
~xo~
Wendy

cottage farm villa (cottagecharm) said...

Karen Eileen,

Thank you for sending Sandy B. over to my blog! It was nice to meet her too!

I used to have a Winnie for 21 years. She was my kitty. Each time I visit you I find another thing in common.

Those hair pins are SWEET!!! Don't you have a hard time parting with the "jewels" ? They are so pretty, I would keep them all to myself even if to look at!!

~Cheryl

sandy b said...

I never knew how you ever wore those clip earring anyway! Ouch!
They came out so pretty!.You deserved a cozy craft day at home...Hugs...
Sandy B

Jenni B said...

What a fun idea! They all look so beautiful! I'm going to check them out on your Etsy shop. Oh, and I love your new blog look! I don't know how long you've had it but it sure looks fresh and springy!

Jenni B