Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

IF Friends were Flowers....I'd pick you....

Happy Birthday Lidy!!! Friends are life's greatest treasures.....I have been blessed with having a close dear friend that many of you know through blogging and her beautiful website....

I know her sweetness....sense of style and overall charming way of seeing the world peeks out at every corner of her posts....but to know her as a friend is a great gift to me.

A true friend is someone whose caring and compassion comes from the heart.... a heart that is always happy for your success, and prays for you during your struggles..


I know Lidy is busy with relatives visiting out from Holland today. I won't see her until next week....(when I will treat her to our new favorite: fried green tomato sandwiches) but what a joy for her to have birthday wishes fill her blog today!! Stop over and wish her a fun day.....and if you have never been for a visit....it is my gift to you.
These beautiful paintings are by Bonnie Taylor Talbot. She is my all-time favorite. You will love visiting her enchanting world too.
Happy Birthday, Dear friend...

3 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Karen,
Well, I guess I'd better skidaddle over there and wish her a happy birthday. I'll let the sweetie know you sent me along to her "home". Happy to hear you're working on your article, I know it will be fab.
xo~Tracie

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Karen, you are possibly the sweetest, nicest person on earth! Thanks so much for the beautiful birthday post. I love you, friend. You make every day feel like a celebration.

xo and lots of hugs,
Lidy

Eli's Lids said...

This is the first hour after the move that I have had the internet. So I'm just getting all the comments. I'm so bummed I missed Lidy's b-day! I love that thrift store find. I can't wait to spend more time on here after I finish answering emails!