Follow by Email

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love Never Fails

"For any woman to have success in American life she must first do two things: Prepare herself for a profession, and marry a man who wants her to succeed as much as she does." I wouldn't trade all of the "new excitement" of love for the comfort and happiness I have now in knowing that there truly isn't anyone on this earth that loves me as much as he does; nor anyone that knows me better...I am still surprised at all of the little things that he pays attention to: The beautiful Gouldon Finches that he bought me for Christmas; The Jane Austin book; a new ipod filled with all of my favorite music to listen to while I garden....


We are a team. Even when we are losing.
There is strength in numbers. When I am weak; he is strong; when he is discouraged I lift him up. Our sorrows are lessened and our joys are much greater because we share ALL of our lives together....except the time I spend with those fabulous girlfriends who help me to be a better person......love you guys too!!
Love & romance to all of you today....whether you find it in your garden; a wonderful dinner; or just a quiet evening at home together.....

7 comments:

sandy b said...

Beautiful! We are both very blessed in many ways. Happy Valentines Day, my friend.
Hugs,
S

Kathy said...

You are so right Karen, I wouldn't trade my hubby of 35 years for any hottie!! We are just right for each other...He's the best!

dede warren said...

Nicely said Karen, hope your day was wonderful!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

A beautiful tribute to a Prince of a man! Hope you had a fabulous day with the love of your life, sweetie.
xo Lidy

Barb said...

What a heartfelt tribute. I'd say you both are blessed.

Your new blog look is so cheery. I just love it.

hugs

Donna - Blessed Nest said...

beautiful post! I love your new look..I agree and only 7 years into my marriage and thankful!

fun seeing you last night!

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

A wonderful tribute to love...
I do love the bright fresh look of your blog and the darling chick in the veiled hat is oh so sweet!
Susan