Follow by Email

Monday, March 30, 2009

How I know it's SPRING

It has been a while since we have seen this adorable face..... Henrietta is our Desert South African Tortoise. We have had her for 10 years. She is about the size of an omelet pan right now...some day she will be a VERY big girl. She is a giant. She will live to be approx 100 years old. She is my children's inheritance...and maybe their childrens'. She has tolerated a wolfhound, two Yorkipoos and three moves. Some day we hope to have more property so that she can be a free-range turtle. She has managed to get out a few times and has made her way halfway across the neighborhood. ToDAY sHE ANNOunces SPRING....

5 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! Henrietta is a big girl right now. My granddaughters would LOVE HER. Happy spring to you and to Henrietta.

hugs,
Barb

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Hello, Henrietta! I wonder how she will like your new gravel? Will she think:"bother, where did all these rocks come from?" or will she like it?? Happy Spring.
xo Lidy

Mermaid Queen said...

We have a turtle who's 3 years old, and enjoying our beautiful weather. His name is Squirt, and it's my son's turtle who's supposed to live 200 years! Like yours, I guess I'll be inheriting the turtle when my son leaves. :)
Take care,
Martha

ATTIC CLUTTER said...

Henrietta I so cute(:) love turtles
...how fun you have had her 10 years -wowow!!
Your blog is just pack full of pretty an interesting things
LOVE it Karen..
hugs, Patty

Eli's Lids said...

LOL! I was raised with desert turtles and we always were excited when they came out of hiding :)