Follow by Email

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Recycled Glamour

Vintage Thrifting... I have had so much fun shopping at local thrift stores lately. When I saw this beautiful coat I couldn't pass it up...eventhough Spring is almost here.. One of my favorite things to do is thrift. I never go thrifting with anything in mind. It is the best kind of shopping to do. I can spend less than 20.00 and come home with such fun things. On this trip I bought my youngest a vintage UCLA Tee. ( He has ambition to go there after high school) He liked my 2.00 tee more than the 45.00 UCLA sweatshirt we bought him for Christmas. Just goes to show you.....

.
One of my local thrift stores has 50% off Fridays..... the Best day to go. I also donate quite a bit of my children's good outgrown clothing to the same Thrift store.
I wanted to have it cleaned. The washing instructions said to clean it by furrier method. I don't have a furrier....and I could only imagine the cost....so I had it steamcleaned...I think it needs a good brushing though. I don't know if I'm ready to part with this or not....it might be in my Etsy store.... I'll let you know.

8 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

What a cute coat, Karen. Love the jewels too. I've got to get out thrifting as soon as our storms pass. Happy week!
xo~Tracie

Andrea said...

What a darling coat. You've dressed it up beautifully with your accessories.

Miss Sandy said...

Hi Sweet Karen, it was so good of your to visit! Great finds!

sandy b said...

Cute coat!
I'd be tempted to keep that one!!You hardly see them in Gray.
XO
Sandy B

SweetAnnee said...

WOW
I don't find things so neat
as all of you pro's

Cute coat

smiles, Deena

Eli's Lids said...

Love love love that dress. I'm not going to lie, I want it.

Barb said...

That is a great find. I would definitely keep it!

hugs,
Barb

wendy humphreys said...

Great to see you too! I had a wonderful day just getting out and
meeting new friends, It was so nice
to visit even if just so brief...
and you really do have a wonderful
eye the dress and coat are soooo
pretty:)
~xo~
Wendy