Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Garden; My Refuge

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.

NEVER let a full day pass Without a touch of leaf or grass,

And never sunset goes but I Must cool my lips against the sky.

For life grows acrid as a 'sloe As less and less of earth we know; And life grows hollow as a reed

Without some earth on which to feed.

Earth is no friend we may forget. For she and man are intimate,
And when the years pile up and leave The little graves at which we grieve,
He, who has kept this nutrient link With God, has inner food and drink;
Has more of faith and less of dearth, And one true friend, the constant Earth. -EVA WILLES WANGSGAARD There isn't a place I would rather be than in my garden. And what joy to bring the bounty from our hard work to our kitchen tables....


My Eden's first blooms of Spring


there are always new plants to find homes for in my garden


a flat of strawberries I sat on a chair....they look like the perfect cushion don't they?

9 comments:

wendy humphreys said...

Beautitul photos of your spring
garden treasures.
I need to take pictures of my
sterling silver roses, finally
they are in bloom:)
Love Spring~
~xo~

FrenchGardenHouse said...

ack...I need those little plants with the brown? hearts! And are you wanting Llamas now?? Love those little faces on the sidebar.

Your eden looks beautiful, and the hens & chicks look divine in your urn. You have such a beautiful garden.
xo Lidy

Barb said...

What a beautiful post.
Your garden is stunning.

hugs,
Barb

Terry said...

Happy Weekend.
There is a lady bug smile award waiting to visit your garden of Eden .
blessings and hugs

Moondog Cottage said...

Karen,
Is that a pot of Hens & Chicks I see at the top of your blog? My mother dearly loves them and has numerous strawberry jars full of them! "They thrive on neglect" she says. Your garden looks so lovely you inspire us all to get out into our yards and do more!

Moondog Hugs,
Sheri

Andrea said...

What a beautiful post...and the photos are gorgeous. Here in the midwest...things are just starting to green up. By the way, I too think your strawberry flat makes a darling cushion.

Donna Blessed Nest said...

Oh...so beautiful! Gives me inspiration for my plot of dirt...I love Spring!

TiffanyJane said...

Ahhhhhh What Gorgeous pictures!!!
Esp. love the urn!!

SonyaAnn said...

Wonderful photos. I love it here. I'm going to poke around for a bit!