Follow by Email

Friday, April 10, 2009

HAPPY EASTER

Some of My fondest Memories are of EASTER SUNDAY. We lived across the street from our church.... those were the days when the pastor and his family lived behind the church with their family. I went to school with their children and played at their house. This was my Pastor Miller. Here I am in all of my finery posing with my Godsister Gwen. She was one of the foster children that lived with us off and on.

Here I am much younger. I have looked at this photo many times before, but it wasn't until seeing it in photoshop that I noticed the nice little bruising on my face. I must have put up a good fight in getting this little outfit on... gloves and all. I think I look quite happy with the end result though.


Blogging can open up a whole new can of worms......Here I am in the SAME dress as the first photo! It is new here, you can tell because it is longer....I had a repeat Easter dress. Either that or I loved my dress so much I wouldn't wear another one....we will never know.


This is one of my favorite photos of my Dad and I. Notice the corsage that I'm sporting. We were quite the dashing couple don't you think?

Another tradition....passed down recipes that we all look forward to on EASTER. This is one from our family that I promise you will love. If you are a vegetarian you can even have it over Tofu....


HAM CHUTNEY


1 stick unsalted butter

1 large can of crushed pineapple (juice too!)

1/2 cup currants

1/2 cup brown sugar

3/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt

cornstarch for thickening.


Heat butter in small saucepan, add other ingredients and stir for approx 10 mins.

There is no exact measures for this recipe. Just taste and add until you want to eat the whole pan with a spoon....yum!! Serve warm over ham.


DON"T FORGET THE EGGS.....

These are hollowed-out real eggs colored and filled with melted chocolate. What a fun surprise to peel these!

Mango Sorbet for dessert....these and many more from who else.....MARTHA.


EASTER BLESSINGS TO ALL OF MY BLOGGER FRIENDS/FAMILY.


"Jesus Loves me this I know

Because EASTER tells me so."


10 comments:

Allie said...

Oh, those chocolate eggs look marvelous! What a great idea!! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face today. The pictures of you look very similar to photose taken of me every Easter. I remember how special I felt in my new outfit each year. Fond memories!! Happy Easter....
~Allie

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Aren't you the cutest??{still are} and your Dad, he looks so handsome and so proud of his best girl.
Thanks for the recipe...it will become a family fav here, too, I know it.
xo xo sister

Lidy

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Karen,
I have never heard of Ham Chutney, but I'll try anything once (I bet it's delicious!). Love the photo of you and your dad, he's just beaming alongside of you. The photo of you and your God-Sister is so cute too. Hope you've kept in touch, how wonderful yours was a Foster family provider. Have a beautiful Easter, sweets. Love, love, love the old photos (can say old since mine are the same ;), hmmm I should say "vintage"!
xo~Tracie

Andrea said...

What cute photos! Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter.

Honey Bend Vintage said...

So enjoyed visiting your blog. Have a wonderful Easter
Bristol

KayEllen said...

Oh!!! I love the pictures of you when you were young!!!
How fun!!!
Happy Easter have a blessed weekend,

kayellen

Leslie said...

What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing your Easter traditions with us.

And I must say that you always look pretty in pink!

Happy Easter!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

You have a beautiful blog and lovely music!! Happy Easter!1
Michelle

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Just wanted to come by and say Welcome ! Now don't be a stranger!

Tina said...

Fantastic! I love these old photos...I got so misty yesterday going through mine! So happy I found your beautiful blog!
xoxo