Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am home. So much to tell about my glorious four days in Nevada City with my BFF....but I wanted to share with you all the note from my eldest that was waiting for me upon my return:

Mother,

With you gone these last few days we definitely start to realize and appreciate
all the little things you do to make our lives better.

There are less clean towels; no meals prepared; anxious and uneasy animals; dusty floors and countertops; lonely dads and motherless sons.

I am not sure if the female brain is designed to enjoy tasks men see as tedious; or if you just do all those things because you love us.

I'm sure it's a little bit of both.

I love you,
Michael

Maybe going away for mothers day was a good idea.... Will share photos of my wonderful trip next.

7 comments:

Marianne@Songbirdisnesting said...

Hi, found you through followers. Nice to have you over on my blog, and very nice to discover your blog this way.
And your son, sure has scored points with you with that note. And it is a good incentive for you to go away more often, it teaches them indepence and appreciation, good thing.
Have a nice time settling back in and cu in blogland.

tales from an oc cottage said...

How sweet!!!

m ^..^

(Do you really have llamas?)

Rose Charles said...

ah, that's sweet! You were obviously missed!

Rose XXX

Thea said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. What a darling note you son left you. I can't imagine my boy taking the time to write one - but each has their own way of expression.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Frame that!!! Very sweet.

Terry said...

Hi Sweetie
Welcome home.
All I can say is that note just made my heart melt like butter .What a priceless moment and you get to keep a permanent
copy for your records .You know those times after the awwwwww
has worn off and we're all tired out again.It never hurts to have a little reminder of how much we are loved by our family.
I am so happy you had such a nice time and a fantastic welcome home too!

Kylie said...

Oh, this is just too gorgeous! You are a very lucky woman, but I'm sure you already know that :)
Thanks for such a fabulous post and for your lovely words on my blog. Kylie