Follow by Email

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I wanted to wish all of you a wonderful Mothers' Day this Sunday. I wish you tiaras, leisure, flowers and a day filled with memories and reminders of how much you are loved. I will be spending the Day with my Dear Friend Sandy in Nevada City. I didn't realize when I planned the trip it would be on mother's day.....I will miss my family, but as my eldest reminded me...."you will still be our mom the day after mother's day."

So instead of going to brunch I will be having a "girls time." There should really be a "Girlfriends Day". For without them....life would be no fun at all and it is those dear friends that remind us what good mothers we are when our confidence is shaken or as they get older and need us less....it is those dear friends that remind us of what a good job we have done.....We truly are the mothers of each other....encouraging, listening, gently reminding.....
I have great women friends. They have made me a better mother.
Love & Brunch to all of you..

5 comments:

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Have a fab trip & happy Mother's day! Your eldest is so right, you'll be a mom for a life time darling ~XO*

cottage farm villa (cottagecharm) said...

What a beautiful post!! You are right, we are mothers of our girlfriends, aren't we?

Have a fun day.

I wanted to tell you that I love opening up your blog...it is so cheerful with the yellow wallpaper..just love it!

Marie Reed said...

A brunch to you too filled with pancakes and extra syrup!

Floss said...

Hello Karen Eileen - what a lovely blog you have! Thanks very much for adding yourself to my 'Friendly Followers' list - I don't know if you realise it, but this gives you one entry for my current giveaway! If you would like to have another go, please just come and leave a comment on the giveaway post.

I really loved your fleamarket finds. If you are interested, I could have some of my French friends look at a clear copy of your letter and tell you what it's about! Do get in touch if that would be useful...

Rose Charles said...

Hi,

Thanks for joining my blog :-)

I love your animals in the pictures, are they all yours?!

Rose XXX