Follow by Email

Thursday, June 11, 2009




Some things just speak to your heart.....this lovely lady spoke to mine....Isn't she beautiful? I love her expression. You know she is delighted about something, but she is keeping it entirely to herself.

I picture her at a lovely tea party admiring the affection being passed between a young couple in love....remembering the days of her youth.


I was recently at a wonderful flea market and I kept thinking...."I remember that, or those." I must have said it outloud, for a little lady selling her wares said, " that's what fleamarkets are all about, we are buying our childhoods back." How true is that? You never know what fond memories we will attach to things as children.... our mothers' apron, vintage garden tools to remind us of the time we spent in the garden with grandma; potatoe mashers bringing back memories and smells of the warm kitchen watching dinner being prepared after sunday school......it is worth every penny.


Maybe she reminds you of someone or something. I just thought she was charmingly beautiful....she will be in my Etsy store later today.



8 comments:

Terry said...

Hi
She is scrumptious ,she is so adorable, so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing her today.
What a wonderful treasure.
Have a fantastic weekend.
Happy Trails

mimi charmante said...

What a lovely blog! Thank you so much for visiting me so that I could in turn find you~
xo

DolceDreams said...

She is full of secrets! I just love flea markets, and you have some of the best there, how envious I am...
have a great weekend,
Nathalie

Indy Grrrl said...

She is very cool. Her expression is perfect.

Laura said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog this morning while having my coffee-
Come see me,

Laura

whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

Becca said...

True words! The last flea market I was at I made the same statement about one of those hand mixers...oh my grandmom had one of those in that color... The lady is stunning, so beautiful!

Genevieve said...

Hi Karen!
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, Dad has been unwell again! Yes! I would love to carry your baby things give me a few weeks to get straightened out around here and I will email you!If you do not hear back from me in a reasonable amount of time email me because sometimes I am noodle!
I hope that you are well and I will "see you soon"!

Clelia said...

What a stunning hat... really gorgeus!

Clelia