Follow by Email

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Clothes I dream of

I don't know about you....but I find myself always thinking that the clothes I love just don't exist. Maybe some little boutique in a cottage by-the-sea in France, but not in my neck of the woods. I love romantic, linens; soft flowing cottons.....I can imagine it, but rarely do I find it....until now.(click above photo) Paula's in Old Tustin, Calif. (Only 20 minutes from me!) Is THAT place. Not only does she have the clothing I so adore, but she has a beautiful home shop and her decor reminds me of the quirky, fun ideas you see in Anthropologie. AND...it gets better!! Food. My faves too: Lemonade & Licorice.

I could stay here forever. She has wonderful and very generous sales as well. Not a teeny tiny rack in the back of the store that you have to hunt for, filled with all the not-so-great stuff....but great things all OVER the store half off! Her choice in designers all share one thing in common, quality and fashion at its best....AND....ALL sizes. Fashion should come in every size don't you think?

These beautiful headbands are made by my dear Friend, Kim. She is also designing for my new hat and baby headband line....lucky me

And wonderful Books.....my favorite cooking show....The barefoot Contessa. I just love the sound of her voice...

Shoes and Art for sale.

Can you imagine this with a beautiful summer hat? Sipping a nice glass of southern tea?


You can never have too much black or white. Flattering and it goes with every season.





Shoe sale....
Paula's loves TRAVEL, BOOKS, ROMANCE, COMFORT, HOME, SHOES, ART, ARTISAN JEWELRY......the list is almost too long. But if you are like me and you love linen....this is the answer to your prayers.....plus licorice and lemonade....what more could a girl want?
139 W. 1st street Tustin, calif 97780 /877-503-1856

8 comments:

DolceDreams said...

Looks RIGHT up my alley...will have to check out her site, thanks for sharing!
Nathalie

Hollyrocks said...

Wow, that looks like the coolest shop ever. I'll have to make my way out there someday.

Kim-Fille de Fleur said...

Hey Karen thanks for mentioning my headbands and for the great photo you took! They have been received so well and are a fun way to dress up a hairdo or hat!
I too love these clothes and am working on building a Paula wardrobe.
Now back to my studio I have baby headbands to make!
Kim

wendy humphreys said...

I am so happy for Kim, her flowers
are so pretty and I can't wait to
see how cute the headbands will be.
Hope to see you soon!
If you can make it tomorrow, I won't be there until after 12:00.
Just so you know, that's not to
say you can are always welcome anytime.
~xo~
Wendy

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I knew it,I should have gone! ack.

Floss said...

That looks like a wonderful shop - the 'dress' made of maps is just incredible! It immediately makes me wonder if I could make something similar, and the immediate answer is: I couldn't. Very imaginative and talented.

Pat said...

I love linen material. I wore a black linen dress to the funeral I attended today. Wish we had shops like that around here. Maybe there is and I just haven't found it yet. :-)

Eli's Lids said...

Looks like I'll be going there and to the fried green tomatoes place soon!!