Follow by Email

Monday, July 6, 2009

Coming of Middle Age

Marilyn.....pumping iron. Okay, it looks like 5lbs, but if it worked for her.... I just joined Weight Watchers. Granted, I am not Heavy or Obese. I almost feel a little guilty at the meetings because people say..."you look so good, so thin." ( I technically qualify to be there by the fact that I am almost 20 lbs. over my ideal weight.) I'm thinking of telling them I used to weigh 400 lbs and don't I look great now? I am in menopause with clothes that don't fit. I never thought I would be going to weight watchers, but I am so glad I am. I have never had a scale in my home. I am fairly active....but I am morphing into a middle aged woman and I want to be strong, healthy and still look good in my clothes....I've given up on looking good without them. So Wed. is my first official week one weigh in.
It just takes a pound a year and...... does that mean it will take me 20 years to lose this? 20 pounds doesn't sound like much....until I lift my dog who weighs 10, and think yikes!!! I will float on air when I lose this weight. Marilyn was right......it takes work!!


4 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

I am more than 20lbs. overweight and headed for the M. So I decided to kick myself into gear and start training. It feels good!
I am so happy for you. Best wishes for great success. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Kathy said...

Oh Karen, I wish you all the luck, well, determination you need to embark on your losing journey. Just set your goals, and follow the path...it will happen!!!
Just remember portion control and balanced menus.

Sharon McPherson: AUTHOR / ARTIST said...

Hi

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. :)

Good luck with your healthy programe ... go kick ass!

I noticed in your profile that you would like to live on a farm one day. Me too!!! Keep dreaming!

Threeblindsheep said...

Well, my friend and I start our diets tomorrow--must start on Monday, you know! I'll check in with you--and report on me! I need all the accountability I can get! Sheep C.