Follow by Email

Monday, August 24, 2009

LIKE A HONEYMOON....My dear hubby and I were on an adventure for five glorious days. In 22 years we have never taken a vacation without our kids. I HIGHLY recommend it. We weren't mom or dad, or coach or team mom.....just honey and sweetie. We were actually a little giddy at times. We were telling Everyone it was our first getaway in 22 years! You would have thought we were newlyweds!

Just wanted to say "hello we are back", and I look forward to sharing all of the beauty we enjoyed in Boulder, and Breckenridge Colorado. I am forever convinced that you need a break with just the two of you. . I don't think I can separate myself from everything unless I get on a plane, don't do any dishes for days and sleep until I wake up....bliss. You forget how in love you still are and sometimes a little space is just the ticket....

5 comments:

wendy humphreys said...

Welcom back! I am so glad you were
able to get away, it's sounds like
a little slice of heaven.
~xo~
Wendy

Dixie said...

Karen... with all our kids grown and on their own, Ricky and I really enjoy those vacations alone... like our visit to N.CA. for Jen & Joe's wedding... I'll complete the Wedding,Wine & Wharf posts this week... we had a wonderful time... especially when it was just the two of us...

hugs. Dixie

swanfarm said...

Oh how exciting Karen! Sounds like you 2 really enjoyed yourselves! My Hubby and I LOVE Colorado! Our kids are so young that it will probably be a while before we get to enjoy a trip by ourselves....but I can dream about it between now and then!!!..lol. So glad you had a great weekend away together!! Kelley

sinnlighet said...

yes yes yes, I love your blog!

agneta from sweden

Hollyrocks said...

That sounds like SO much fun! I've never been to Colorado, but I would just love to go there. I really have no excuse, it borders the state I live in now! I'm so glad to hear that you had such a lovely time with your husband. Have you already started planning your next getaway yet?