Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

50 is the youth of old age

This is the beginning of the next half of my century. I turn 50 this Friday. Still sounds funny.... I am sure I seem 50 to my kids....but I certainly don't feel it. "Getting old ain't for sissies" I am going to be a tough old broad....with a soft center.

Sort of Like Dear Katherine.
And do and wear whatever I want....even if it is the wrong century....Like Tasha...

You know how when your birthday is coming and all of your favorite restaurants start sending you reminders (and free appetizer coupons); along with cards from all of those places that you forgot you gave your birth date to? I am happy Anthropologie remembered....Well, THIS year I also recieved an invitation to live in an "active" senior community in Texas or Arizona....Should I pack my bags, teeth & Ben Gay or should I give it a couple of years?
I love this quote: "40 is the old age of youth; 50 is the youth of old age"
I am a teenager again. Yeah!

12 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

well, Happy Happy Happy day to you!!!

BellaRosa said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you!! And may I say...Amor, YOU look FABULOUS! :) And actually...you know what they say...50 is the new 40!! Relish it...Love it...Own it! That is what my best friend told me when I turned 40...I plan on doing that every milestone :) Besos, Rose

Love Where You Live said...

Happy birthday a day early!!! Welcome to the 50s. You're in good company (i think-ha), Enjoy. Enjoy.
cheers, -susan

FrenchGardenHouse said...

haha, let's not pack the teeth quite yet!~50 is a great age, I remember it well.:) Happy happy Birthday, sweetie. You look as fabulous as you are.
xo Lidy

Holly said...

I've got to say, you're looking rather fabulous. I can only pray that I'll be that hot when I'm 50. HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!

Tracy @ Comfort and Luxury said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love the quote... that 50 is the youth of old age... never heard it before, but I will definitely embrace it... in two more years (make that one and a half!). Meanwhile, I'm going to get my act together and plan to be the "youngest" 50 yr old in my neighborhood! Hope you're having a fabulous day with lots of great plans for a fun weekend!

Barb said...

Happy Birthday! Please come to Az. We don't live in a retirement community but they are all around us. These "retirees" can run circles around most of us "young uns".

Hubby's BD was Thursday- you are in good company.

Hugs,
Barb

UberArt said...

Happy birthday!

...mmm... said...

Yes, good, go for it, embrace it. I loved Tasha Tudor btw. Amazing woman.

AlessandraLace said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!
"40 is the old age of youth; 50 is the youth of old age"...I am almost 40...Yeppa....hugs to you! Alessandra

Laurie said...

This is my first visit to your blog (which is wonderful by the way)! Just in time to wish you a very happy birthday!!! Have a fabulous day...Laurie

Counting Your Blessings said...

I turned 40 a few months ago and as much as I didn't want it to be a big deal, it kinda was. Now that the idea has worn on me a bit I've decided that 40 suits my personality so much better than 25. I feel like I'm just figuring myself out. And now I'm a little jealous that you've got 10 years on me. I'll bet you're happier than ever! Happy belated birthday.

Blessings... Polly