Follow by Email

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Pencils

I love the days before the NEW YEAR....It reminds me of the first day of school with new notebooks, brand new freshly sharpened pencils....anything is possibleDo you make resolutions? I do. This time of year is a forgiving time..... a fresh start. Makes me think of one of my favorite sayings: "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

Each of us should start the new year with this in mind. Our potential is limitless.... with ambition, hard work and passion.....you can do anything (although ballerina has probably passed me by -- maybe not you though!)

We just purchased a Cello!! Never played an instrument....why not? Exactly!!

I wanted to feature these beautiful paintings by a very talented artist, ROZ. I love all of her images, of nature, girls on swings.....so beautiful and warm. I especially like the fortune cookie, you can have your own painting commissioned with your very own fortune on it!! What a great way to start the new year....a reminder of how far you want to go...where you want to live....how you want to live.

A fresh start... a new beginning.
I hope that the New Year brings you all of your own possibilities. A "Toast" to friends encouraging each other to Be and Do their Best!









3 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Karen!
Lovely post!
Yes...I make New Year's Resolutions!
Already calculating them in my mind!
Why is it they don't seem official until we jot them down...
decorate around them with glitter...hang them on the wall!
XXOOXX
Happy New Year to you!
Adore your blog!

Pinecone Camp said...

First of all, congrats on being married for 21 years! I just came across your blog through one of my faves, poppytalk. Love these paintings!! I would love the first on of the girl on the swing. So beautiful.
Happy New year!

Diane said...

Happy New Year Karen, well yes I did make a resolution to stay strong and positive, with that I can achieve anything. Heres to a Very Special year 2010!
Hugs & Kisses, Diane