Follow by Email

Monday, January 4, 2010

Goodbye to Peter......

I went to a funeral today for a man that I know wanted to stay.

I saw his family so broken at his going.

His friends all gathered to remember good times.

Little children whose memory of him will soon be erased.

I had communion and thought of hereafter.

Moments that trickle by as I sat there and felt the heaviness of a book being closed.

Pages that would never be written.

I said goodbye today to a man that didn't want to leave.

(1-4-2010 Peter Laurie Braden's funeral.)

I want to fill every moment with meaning....

6 comments:

Teresa said...

XXOOXX...inspired.
Thank you.

Out in the Fields said...

I understand that kind of goodbye...its not easy, but I hope you keep your memories close so you can keep it alive for those that might forget!

BellaRosa said...

So sorry for your loss...but you know when my Ita (grandma)who was my heart died I felt the light go out in me...for a while I did want to forget...my dad told me this...As long as you remember her...she will never be gone, whenever you need her, she will be in your heart...when we lost my dad in Feb..I had to remember his words, they are what saved me...we share stories and pictures with all our littlest memebers of our familie so that our loved ones will never be forgotten...they will always be with us :)May you never forget. Besos, Rose

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Barb said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
That was a heart filled tribute.
Hold all of your memories close, and thank God for the time you had with him.

big hugs,
Barb

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I can't believe I missed this post. My only excuse is the flu.

What a beautiful, thoughtful and caring post, Karen. xo