Follow by Email

Saturday, January 16, 2010

THE LATEST FROM MY LINE. I DON'T KNOW HOW THE CREATIVE PROCESS WORKS FOR YOU, BUT FOR ME I FEEL LIKE ME DAYS ARE JUST FILLED WITH IDEAS AND INSPIRATIONS SOMETIMES.......BUT THEN I SIT DOWN TO CREATE.....BLANK.... THEN PANIC....I HAVE TO CREATE AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE YEAR, FOR EXAMPLE NOW WE ARE SHOWING SPRING. YOU KNOW HOW THE SWIMSUITS ARE IN THE STORES IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER? ALWAYS 6 MONTHES AHEAD.....BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT HAS TAKEN ME YEARS TO FIGURE THIS OUT. I STARTED OUT AS JUST A LADY WHO MADE CUTE LITTLE TEES..........NOW I HAVE TO HAVE A "SPRING LINE, FALL LINE...." YIKES, SOUNDS SO OFFICIAL. GROWTH IS SOMETIMES A DIFFICULT TASK. IT IS JUST LITTLE UNORGANIZED ME TRYING TO STAY AFLOAT SOMETIMES BETWEEN FAMILY, GARDEN, HOME, PETS, TAKING CARE OF MYSELF (NOTICE WHERE THAT IS ON THE LIST).....I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU MANY CREATIVE, AND INSPIRING WOMEN WHAT YOU DO TO STAY FOCUSED....A HINT, AN IDEA OR WHAT LOCKS YOU PUT ON YOUR DOORS TO KEEP FROM BEING INTERRUPTED....:)

2 comments:

DolceDreams said...

If you figure this one out PLEASE let me know...I think for me it means staying up too late, then being exhausted the next day and not being able to focus on anything at all with full attention. Then I go to bed earlier, stay up too late...you get the picture!
Beautiful new items in your shop!
Nathalie

Out in the Fields said...

As a full time Mom and Grandma I seem to work the best at night, when the house has settled down and I also bribe myself with things like icecream and a movie if I work until a certain time. Also having good books on CD gets me into my craft room because I only turn it on if I'm "Crafting" and I often can't wait for the next chapter:)