Follow by Email

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday USA!


It has been a little while since I posted last. I have had blogger's guilt. Do you ever get that? Or Bloggers blank page? I get that A LOT! And then there is the ...LIFE gets in the way. That has been the case for me lately. Without going into detail, my life has felt like a rollercoaster through a thunderstorm. You know how they say that tough times don't last but tough people do? I am not so tough. I guess you see the true you in a crisis. I am a little bit of the "the sky is falling" and my husband is a "no, it's just a little cloudy." It is really quite wonderful how that works out so that you can endure the storm together. My husband says between the two of us we are normal.
I know I could never be president because the first sign of trouble I would have my hand on that red button. I am not proud of this quality in myself. I wish I could stoically be calm and quote Norman Vincent Peale all day long.....but I am a panicker. I panic a little more to myself (thus, lack of sleep and stomache ache), but I panic nontheless.
Well, the reason for this long, boring story.....I am learning. I am trying to balance my life, business, home, family and friends in a more even fashion.
I love, care & hope deeply. I am a woman of Faith. However cracked, or set aside it might be in the middle of the storm....I am learning that what happens outwardly to you in your life is not as important as what happens inside you. One of my favorite new quotes: "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."
Have a happy, safe 4th.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Blog for yourself and let the guilt go. -smile-
Happy July 4th!

kayellen said...

Ahhh Happy 4th!! I am a history buff so I went all out in 1776 style with my blog entry~~ahhh maybe overboard hahaha
Blog when it fits into your life~~Not fun if it becomes a burden~~I am a early morning or late night blogger..depending on the week:)))

Take Care~~enjoy your weekend!

Kay Ellen

FrenchGardenHouse said...

((hugs))....isn't it so great that even {!!} ha! at our age, we are still learning all the time. xo you.