Follow by Email

Monday, October 25, 2010

Refuge

For me there is no time in a garden. My heart sings when my hands are in the soil.
Peace does not hide from me here. Quietly tending. Admiring. Wondering at how life carries on.....tending to help in small ways I can.
No cell phone....just my classical music in my Ipod and I am swept away.
So much beauty and wonder all around. Like a walk on the beach, a hike in the mountains.....just to close my mind and see with my heart as God reveals the every-day joy that is mine for the taking if I just find refuge in creation. Go outside. Sit on the grass. Feel it underneath you. Pull weeds. Trim roses. and the best part...gather your garden gifts to bring inside. Make a fire. Cup of tea. Remember all of the things to be grateful for. Don't let a single thought disrupt this time. Make it a priority. Just 20 minutes a day. No schedules or lists allowed to enter your thoughts. Call it prayer, mediation...quieting your mind.... this is how we change. This is how we grow. This is how we are happiest.



4 comments:

farmlady said...

You have found the secret to being at one with the world. What is 20 minutes out of the day... a moment really but look what it does for you.
This was a lovely post.

Karena said...

Wonderful Site Karen!! I love your thoughts and images very inspiring!

I hope you have joined in on my giveaway from Metis Linens!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Sandra said...

The sheep caught my eye. I've often wondered if, as the Bible says, we're to give God 10%, does that mean 2.4 hours a day as well?
I think it was Martin Luther who said his days were so busy he couldn't begin until he'd prayed for four hours.
WOW! I can't imagine.

MJ Ornaments said...

Your garden is so beautiful, and thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy life. Take care, Martha