Follow by Email

Monday, November 8, 2010

New Chicks in the House.

Poor Tessie has been alone too long. At night, she flys on top of my bird aviary to be with the doves. We had two chicks and lost them. So this last week I purchased two more. I wanted to get Silky's, but they don't lay...so two more Arracana's Like Tessie. She is used to being the baby around here, but I told her we wer growing some playmates for her and she seemed quite pleased.
I make all my animals my babies. She actually likes to be held like this. :-)


7 comments:

Pinecone Camp said...

I can't believe your chicken will just sit in your arms like that. Too cute!

Indy Grrrl said...

Oh, how cute!

MJ Ornaments said...

What a sweet baby!

Barb said...

Hi Karen,

I wanted to stop by and wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.

big hugs

Andrea@shopbyog said...

Hi Karen! Just stopping by. I miss reading your blog (FGH too) and thought it was time to catch up! Love the pic of you holding your chicken! Happy Holidays!

Fish Tail Cottage said...

Hi there! You chickens & garden are honestly too cute. I am about to make a new adventure for myself by purchasing chickens. I am curious how your puppies & chickens co-exist? I have a shihtzu & I'm a little worried he will frighten my new additions to the garden...any advise you have would be fantastic!
~tracie

Sandra said...

I've always thought when animals liked to be held on their backs, tucked into your arms, it meant they felt totally safe and secure. That's one way I gauge if my animals are doing okay.