Follow by Email

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry, Merry Christmas to all of my blogging women who inspire me and bring out the best that I can be and want to be by all of the beauty and strength they show in their day-to-day lives. All of these photos were taken in Breckenridge Colo. One of my favorite places in the world. My great aunt had a ranch and drygoods store here. They were one of the first settlers, and their home is still there, now a marked historic home. While the boys were snowboarding, we were cross-country (ing?).....anyway..This was actually in the Spring, but it is our Christmas Card this year.
It is a cold and rainy day here in Southern Cal....no snow to play in, but still a cozy fire, pretty music and a chance to visit all of my favorite bloggers. Christmas is such a wonderful time of year, not only for the spirit and family, but for new beginnings.
Next year will be a new beginning for me. Just having finished up my baby business, I am following my heart...doing what I have always wanted to do...create from my soul....for myself....to share what I love with others. Isn't that what art really is? An expression of our soul & spirit? I have no formal training (I am just learning to sew). My name isn't one that people have heard of.....I just want to be the BEST that I can be. To listen to that quiet voice that stirs my emotions and tells me "you can do that." Not to listen to whether people will like it, or buy it, or if it will pay for any bills or luxuries....but just to make it, because in doing so I have great joy...
Having sold wholesale and been in over 200 stores, I now KNOW what I really want, success doesn't always mean numbers of invoices or being in runway shows if it doesn't make you sing with pleasure.....Even if no one hears me, or I am a little out of tune....This time I will sing just because it makes me happy......Here's a toast to all of you that already do that. It is a road that is paved with many distractions and insecurity.....but if you stay true to doing what you love....the rest will follow. It won't be so much work, but joy.

Wishing all of you the most blessed of Holidays filled with family, friends and inspiration with courage on top!! xoxo




2 comments:

Holly said...

These photos are all so gorgeous! I am glad to hear that you are following your heart and taking your business where you want to go with it. I admire that, and I wish you all the best. Happy holidays to you too, my friend!

Sandra said...

Great post and beautiful photos; thanks for the lovely visit.