Follow by Email

Saturday, January 22, 2011

A House a Home

Tess now has some girlfriends.... Unfortunately, I had to wait until they were much bigger to introduce them... putting them together at this age would look like a fight on Jersey Shore because of the pecking order.....there really is one. So I waited until these beauties grew for about 5 months and introduced them slowly. There was a lot of chasing and pecking, but now I am happy to say the all sleep together happily in the hen house and sun next to each other during the day...I so love to watch my hens taking a cozy nap in the sun.
And this is the stressful life my other girls lead....oh, if we could just take a few lessons from them. Eat when you're hungry, rest when you're tired, and when you play...don't hold anything back...



4 comments:

MJ Ornaments said...

Your baby chicks are so sweet and have beautiful markings. And your puppy makes me want to take a nap. :) Lovely photos Karen! Take care, Martha

Kayla said...

Those baby chicks are so cute. I just wanna hold them and snuggle them. Whether they like it or not!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Gilding the Lily said...

Oh, so cute! I want some of my own, but I think the cats might pitch a fit! So great to see you today...

arrielle_p said...

Those are lovely photos and a cute baby chicks too. :)

Philippine properties