Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One of my favorite things in the whole-wide world are hats!!! I wear hats a lot. So many times I get compliments on my hat and then the very next thing the person says is: "I can't wear hats."
Nonsense! Everyone can. Years ago, you wouldn't even go outside without a hat. Remember all of the Lucy episodes where lucy would beg Ricky for a new hat she just had to have?
Getting ready to launch my new website in a few weeks, and it will have lots of hats...beautiful, feminine and flattering styles. Living in Southern Calif and being a woman of a reasonable age....I can promise you that not only will you get plenty of compliments, but your skin will thank you. I never garden without a hat or walk at the beach. I think one of the biggest causes of "hat anxiety" is the attention it attracts.....when my children were small one of them said as I was wearing a rather big straw hat..."Mommy, you look like you are in a parade."
If you are going to stand out you might as well be at the head of the parade. Just like JT brought sexy back...I am going to bring hats back.....with your help of course.....next will be gloves! If you are interested in these, they will be in my Etsy store, and they each come with their own vintage brooch for 68.00.

4 comments:

Blondie said...

Oh my...I want. Kori xoxo

Robins in the Trundle Bed said...

Dear Karen,
Thank you for your beautiful words about your dog visiting in your dreams! Your words really touched me! Hawthorne was our first and only dog and after having him in my arms or by my side 24/7 for over 19 years, the loss is devastating! How much time passed before you let another furry friend into your life?

Peace and Plenty,
Sherrill

Curtains In My Tree said...

I'm with you girl. I love hats and wear them

A few of my friends makes fun of me also my boss because in the summer when it's over 100 degrees I wear stylish straw hats with beautiful silk ribbon

Janice

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

What a neat post! I have just recently started wearing a few hats. I love it! I used to be one of those that would say that hats didn't look good on me.I am new to your blog. I really like it!!